Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a mouse behind the front desk of the hotel I work at... I say "behind" but it's actually "in"! He's just a cute little brown mouse, one of several we've had inside lately. I try to catch them and take them outside like I do with all the other critters who wind up inside on accident (cats, dogs, snakes, foxes, etc.) but now my boss has traps set out :( the kind that are just a sticky pad.

This mouse is really cute, he ran across the desk and startled me while I was browsing the forum on my phone, then ran behind the printer. He peeked out and watched me for a while then ran back into the cabinets of the desk. He's behind a bunch of binders and files and stuff in the cabinets, I picked up the sticky pads and I'm trying to get him out. All I have as far as bait is breakfast food: eggs, danishes, muffins, sausage, jelly, bread, etc.... No peanut butter.

Help! How to lure him out?? Best way to catch him with a small plastic bucket (he's wild, don't want to take a chance on any diseases)?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nvm :) I got him, stuck a trash can behind the printer and yanked it upright soon as I heard him rustling in there. Put a clipboard over the top so he couldn't jump and ran him outside. Yay, no sticky trap! Hopefully I scared him enough he won't be back.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know!! There is a whole stack of unused sticky pads here and we do have cooking oil. If I see any caught I'll get them unstuck and let them outside :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts