Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just found this site and was wondering if anyone could help. I have kept rats since I was 14 and love them, my son is 6 and his rat died just after xmas :cry: . He is very upset and desperate for a couple more, we have looked and contacted various people but there seems to be a real rat shortage at the moment!
We live in Shropshire, does anyone out there know of any breeders in our area, or who is the best to get in touch with?
Please help We hate being ratless!!!
Thank you Ann :)
Sorry just realsed that this is a USA forum. Please ignor! :roll:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey. Welcome. Yes its a usa forum..but many people here are from the uk ( including me ) lol Umm have you checked out the fancyrat orginisation they have a breeders list..or maybe rescue centers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'have you checked out the fancyrat orginisation they have a breeders list..or maybe rescue centers?'
Thanks I did email the NFRS for a breeders list but they never got back in touch.
I think the rescue centres will be the next stop. I did try our local one but they had nothing.
Seeing everyones pics of their rats really makes me miss Spencer! :cry: I think I loved him as much as my son did. I have asked everyone I know to keep a look out. One Mum at school said I should get him a hamster!! Cute but just not the same!!!
Well I will keep looking, and I think I might stay in touch with this forum as you all look kind of nice, and it's nice to talk to peaple who don't go'yuck' when you mention rats!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Aww that is a shame..If you cant find one...you could always get *shudders (sarcasticly)* a petstore rat. Some of the ones near me are actually really good . Ive met the breeders and they let me use my own vet etc.

((just a lil note..you are planning to get atleast 2 right ? 1 on its own will be lonely lol))

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we want to get two. Spencer did originaly have a friend, Thomas but he died, so Spencer spent most of his life on his own, which made him even more special as he spent most of his day out of his cage, doing whatever D was doing. I think he had a happy life, but you are right two or more is definatly best!
I have tried pet shops but they don't have any either, they recon that there is a shortage, and that rats are really in demand.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think after the Rat filme came out ((Rattatouilee ??)) People are buying them....unfortunaly some of them not knowing how to properly care for them =(

·
Registered
2 Posts
:wink: I have the breeders list but don't see any with Shropshire in the address, however some just supply a postcode what are the first 4 letters of your postcode?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Best to wait a year after having a rat over the rainbow bridge. You need to greive over your dead ratty before you get your new one. It shows some respect.

·
Registered
626 Posts
rattusnorvegicus said:
Best to wait a year after having a rat over the rainbow bridge. You need to greive over your dead ratty before you get your new one. It shows some respect.
You can show respect in other ways then depriving yourself a little fuzzy. Like give it a special ceromony, and make it a tombstone.

Oh, and WELCOME! I hope you find a little rattie soon! :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
rattusnorvegicus said:
There is NO set time frame to grieve, nor does waiting any set time show respect. No one - especially a supposed 9 year old child! - has any right to tell someone else how long they should grieve for, how they should grieve, or how long they should wait until obtaining another rat. I've kept quiet with your outlandish posts, but that is WAY beyond any crossed lines. Absolutely ridiculous and downright offensive.

That aside...

Welcome, Anntiara!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts