Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Sir Dilbert Lickbath History…as requested :)

I first heard of the little guy from a post on a Canadian rescue and rehoming board. He had brought home a 2 week baby and once it was home decided he couldn’t kill him. Instead he syringefed and stimulated the little thing to eliminate. It lived in a 1 gallon bucket. Since I had a lot of rats here I just let this one alone, since I was sure someone would help out. On a gut feeling I emailed the guy almost a week later to make sure all was okay. No one had contacted him and he told me that he couldn’t keep him any longer and was going to set the 3 week old baby “free” in the woods that weekend. It was Thursday night!!! I emailed saying I would take the baby and we determined that the little thing was male. Sigh…With a mostly girl establishment here, I decided that I would take him in, feed him up ,get him weaned and healthy and then rehome him. Yeah right!!!! As soon as I met him I was wrapped around those tiny paws.

On the way home this little guy was eating and popcorning around the Tupperware carrier, playing with my hands…not hiding and nervous like any normal baby. I soon learned that Dilbert was far from “normal”.

Just home, I get my first Dilbert Lickbath

Dilly always wants to be out

The next day I weighed him and he was a whopping 31 grams!!

I caught the now infamous Zombie pic…I seriously thought he should apply as an extra for the next zombie movie. LOL. I called this “I Smell Your Brains!”

Enough play I am sleepy

Mmmm…breakfast

My little man starts to grow up
Here’s my wannabe dumbo on my friend’s shoulder

Dilbert looooved to play and handwrestle, he’d stop eating at the promise of a play session….heehee
Wheeeee!!!…more!!!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Someone had fun behind the pillow, my little carrot stealer

Grooming in my lap

Tug of war with the lettuce

Is that the camera? Must pose!

Uncle, uncle, uncle!!!

I was home sick one day, and he crawled into my hand so I could stroke him and then he “died”

Roaring at the scary horse

Oooh mommy that’s the spot!!

Dilly thinks he’s a remote

Recuperating from his neuter

A young man, Dilbert still plays

Dillylicious starts to meet his harem

Even at 14 months now, he still bounces, popcorns and wrestles

He loves his girls

·
Registered
814 Posts
Re: A Sir Dilbert Lickbath History…as requested :)

That is such a great story!! he is so handsome!!!! I can't get over how they grow no?? love all the pics lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts

OMG hes just adurable!!! i love pictures number 4 and 14!! im a zombi maniac ((its an odd obsetion)) so he just makes a perfect Zombi!! and the sleeping pic... he cant look any more perfect!!!
I want him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts

awww.that's such a cute story.and the cute little guy isn't that bad either :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

That makes me all warm and fuzzy! What a gorgeous little boy! :D

·
Registered
489 Posts

awww he is and was adorable. =] made me smile..

·
Registered
197 Posts

Awww!!!!!!!!!! i could eat him all up!!!!!!!!!!
hmmm my rats never realy play with me outside the cage.. TempleTon will always go back inside his cage if he wants to play, but there was the one time were i got him to play one short hand wrestle and fetch ((or more like chase)).. and accationaly i can get Alyssa to do her lil popcorn spaz :D
But Dilbert is just so adorable and funny... looks like hes got a nice personality there also :wink:

·
Registered
443 Posts

What a sweetie! Those baby pictures are way too cute!

·
Registered
15 Posts

omg he is so adorable!!! when you scritch his belly he looks like he's laughing haha thats amazing! lucky mommy you are! :D

·
Registered
330 Posts

truely one of the sweetest rats i have EVER seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Adorable photos!
I love the zombie photo, he looks just like he's coming to get you!
And the carrot stealer- his expression is perfectly "what? What carrot? Oh, THIS carrot? Yeah, um, this is mine now. Please?" And I love the introduction photos- Girl on left: oh my, have you been working out? Girl on right: Back off girlfriend, I saw him first! Dilbert: Ladies, there's no need, um, what are you... um, there's plenty enough... um, mommy, heeelp!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts