Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was one night when I got rather emotional, the Paris Attacks and a bunch of personal stuff. My kid took me up to her room. She blocked the door from dogs and cats. Together we cuddled rats...of course the tamer ones lick and cuddle. Best thing I could've done. Some people are surprised but really...the most affectionate critters you could ask for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My rats always get me through the toughest times with their love <3 I swear they can tell when we are upset and give more kisses and cuddles when we are. Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
366 Posts
There was one night when I got rather emotional, the Paris Attacks and a bunch of personal stuff. My kid took me up to her room. She blocked the door from dogs and cats. Together we cuddled rats...of course the tamer ones lick and cuddle. Best thing I could've done. Some people are surprised but really...the most affectionate critters you could ask for.
I'm sure everyone is tired of me telling this but here I go again. April 15, 2014 my brother and my niece were hit head on by an intoxicated driver. The died instantly. I moved back to Topeka to be near my family and it's been ****. The trial is scheduled for March and we are all waiting to see him get what he deserves. Our lives have been turned upside down. I tried a therapist and it didn't work. One day while at Petco with my nephew (my brother's son) getting lizard stuff, I decided to adopt a rat. Two days later I adopted another. These two little ladies have changed my life so much. The are ornery and loving. I have cats, but the rats seem more special. I've been through a lot with them already. They are now 4 months old. With out them, I'd have no reason (besides work) to get up in the morning.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been a rattie owner for a short 6 weeks. I find spending time with my girls peaceful and relaxing. I am a huge animal lover but I was surprised at how much I love these girls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts