Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the same four rats for a couple years (Ian, Manwich, Torgo, and Triddle) when my dog (now ex-dog) killed Ian. I realized that rats die too early for us. By accident, I found a way to help this process.

Soon after getting my rats, I began incorporating them into bedtime stories for my three human boys. Over time the stories evolved into a compex and detailed universe with recurring rat characters. When Ian died, I was faced with the decision of how to cut him from the stories. I didn't. Ian continues to have a place in the stories, his personality continues to delight my family.

Try this. It sounds silly, but I have lost rats as has my brother, but they will live forever.

PS: The stories have evolved so much and the characters and plotlines are so solid now, I am writing them down into a book. Adult and children who have read them have expressed high interest. My brother, a 31 year old man, asks every week for an update of the Triddle Team. I may have something here. The lesson? Your love for your rodent offspring will turn your stories into the best ones of your and their lives.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
that is a wonderful testament to them. i don't suppose you would be willing to share those stories here would you? they sound like a treat. but i can understand not wanting them in print here when you're thinking about making a book.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
twitch said:
that is a wonderful testament to them. i don't suppose you would be willing to share those stories here would you? they sound like a treat. but i can understand not wanting them in print here when you're thinking about making a book.
Thank you. I am not worried about anyone riping me off. They aren't THAT good. Maybe we could create a fiction section like on RMCA. Mine are better for kids though. I am happy to share.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rat_ratscal said:
cute! : ) sorry about ian, my dogs slaughtered my guinea pig, but we still have them
It was his last strike. About the same time he died I got a new car and named it Ian too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i've never liked dogs...their "kill" instinct is so strong; i'm always worried and never really trust them.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
for now just post your stories in the general section and i'll sticky them. but i'll talk to the other mods and ratman about setting up a new section for stories too

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twitch said:
for now just post your stories in the general section and i'll sticky them. but i'll talk to the other mods and ratman about setting up a new section for stories too
Consider it done. I will post a test story in the next day or so and if anyone likes it, more will come. I want good critiques too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts