Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
babycas.jpg this is Castiel when he was a week old :) he's a month old now! my friend found him, he was alone and orphaned, so she gave him to me...boy, rats are a bit of work to hand-raise :p he's 100% a wildie, but he can't go back to the wild because he's amazingly tame. love him to bits!

·
Registered
3 Posts
First off, bravo for the name choice! Ours are Meg, Lilith, Ruby and Sophie. Guess which one is the one I got before I started my Jensen Ackles obsession! Second, if she truly is wild, around four weeks, she should start acting wild again, according to a Facebook list I am on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it turns out she's actually a girl! my mistake as a first-time owner :p still keeping the name Cas! i love your names haha :) she did get more alert at 4 weeks, but she's still amazingly tame

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a wild rat and she is suuuuper sweet and affectionate with me. Just make sure to keep handling her. I spend a ton of time with my girl (I kinda have to because she has no rat friends :() and we have formed a really close bond.

I love your pictures. Claudia came to the refuge where I volunteer at a week old, but I didn't get her until a couple weeks after that. I wish I had taken pictures, she was so tiny!
And when she first came in they thought she was a boy, too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats exactly how cas acts! she's so friendly and sweet, but boy does she have an attitude! ("no mum, don't pick me up. i'm busy eating the carpet!") they are sooo cute when they're tiny little blobs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts