Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some have probably seen I feed my entire crew organic/ holistic. So I was thinking what Is a good organic chew for Greta and Fawn. It contacted Acadia Antlers to see what they thought about antlers for Rats and they have had other clients use these for rodents so I bought two XS ones for the girls and they love them!

http://acadiaantlers.com/shop/x-small-moose-tynes-and-splits/

·
Registered
908 Posts
Interesting. How long have you had yours / how long do you think they will last? I ordered some whimzees, but my guys go through one in about 1 day (or less), which seems too expensive to me (the cost of the whimzee vs. how long it lasts). If the antlers seem to last longer, they might be worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well mine are still young (2 months) and you can see they have been chewing it but they have not put a huge dent in it. I think it will last a good while. Antlers are used for your most destructible dog chewers (like pitt bulls) to last a long while but fill their need to chew. My hound who is a light to middle chewer still has his medium one for 3-4 years ago. In dogs they last a really long time. You can buy all different sizes. I went with the XS as they can easily hold it in the hands and chew.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts