Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so although I swore to everyone that I wouldn't get any more rats...I may be picking up three older boys tomorrow! I just had a feeling all day yesterday to check Preloved (similar to craiglist) and bam there they were, three 18 month old boys up for sale! The seller asked me all the right questions and I hopefully asked all the right ones two :) I'm so excited, I've only ever had rats from babies before so I'm intrigued to see how this will be different. I have a cage big enough for 8 so I have plenty of room, going from 3 to 6 is going to be such a big change! I've introduced babies to babies before, but I've never introduced adults to adults - my other three are about 5 months now. I'll probably use the carrier method as I've found that most successful with the babies. But any tips on how to get the smoothest intro possible? I know who the alpha's are in both groups at the moment I just hope they can get along! I really hope this all goes well because I'm excited! The lady is only selling them because she took them on from someone else, but has now ended up with 8 which is too much for her along with her children and other animals. I'm hoping to give them their final happy home!

Registered
I'm so happy and excited for you! It sounds like you in for a exciting challenge! I'll leave the suggestions on the intro and carrier method to the experts! Wishing you all the best!! Hope all goes well. Oh, and don't forget to send pics 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's such a great excuse to go shopping for rat toys and everything else! They seem like really sweet boys and I get to rename them since the current owner has never used their names so they don't respond to them...any suggestions?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.