Registered
995 Posts
Cute!!

I have to ask. Why the name Acid?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I got her, I was asking around for name ideas.

the girls I babysit have a stepdad who is very funny and suggested the name Acid, and when I got Acid she chewed straight through the temporary cardboard box in seconds so 'Acid' stuck. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That is absolutely brilliant! :D

I feed the squirrels in our yard walnuts every so often, for the same entertainment value. They're so funny to watch. I have also given our rats hazelnuts, which keep them occupied for hours.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, all my rats go insane over almonds.

I give them all sorts of nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, almonds. We get bags of mixed nuts still in their shell and throw a few in there from time to time.

It's great for them when I can't give them much attention.

·
Registered
995 Posts
It's also good for keeping there teeth small and sharp!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
After this post I went out and bought a bag of mixed nuts. I gave our rats a pecan each and, other than hard-boiled egg or banana, I have never seen them so anxious to get to a safe place with a food item! Genius! :lol:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
My mum came to visit last week and before she came she said that we had to keep the rats in their cages and she wasn't going to go anywhere near them. By the time she left (just over a week later) she was saying good morning to them and blowing kisses at them when they tried to climb on her :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts