Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last two weeks I've noticed Acid developing a familiar milky glaze over her left eye. I read up about it on ratguide and it seems there's not much I can do and it probably won't affect her much...BUT! I'm concerned about the cage, I don't want any falls so I plan to remove the shelf(I have an FN) and have low-hanging hammocks.

Other than that, does anyone have tips on making life easy for my aging babygirl?

·
Registered
899 Posts
One of my rats had this cloudiness. Shes not that old but any suggestions on this topic would be nice. I have removed the shelf in out cage and made levels with hammocks to prevent injuries if she fell. She has fallen off shelves before.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Small silvery discs in the eyes?

Rats adapt beautifully to loss of vision, I wouldn't worry too much about her. Wobbles, and falling is possibly something different. Now that she cannot see, jjust keep an eye on her and see if you notice a whole lot of differences...any falling and you can put hammies under shelves and ramps to catch them if they do. I often prefer to modify their familiar cage as much as possible before doing the 1 level cage for an oldie. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts