Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting really nervous about Addo's neuter. He's going in tomorrow and having it done Tuesday morning. I'll be able to pick him up same day.

I'm nervous! Can anyone put my mind at ease? What are the risks? I just need to prepare myself. It's probably REALLY stupid but it's his first operation and the first time I've ever had a pet neutered. aaah!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
If you have a good vet, I'm sure he'll be fine :)

This is a reasonably routine procedure for vets - even with rats.

I'm just as nervous over Ray's neuter (which is coming up soon) and any other op ... I just remind myself that it's in their best interest and that I trust my vet to do what he does best - look after my pets :)

Don't worry - pre-op nerves are very common. You'll be pulling your hair out with worry; and Addo will continue blisfully unaware that nasties are coming

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've never had a rat neutered, but he'll probably be just fine. Give him lots of love when he comes home!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we decided not to get Addo neutered. At the pre-op check he was kind of sneezy and they vet said it'd be VERY risky, so I didn't want to risk it. My poor baby.

He also said it's not a certain way of fixing dominance and since I have no females there's really no need to get it done.

Addo's bits and pieces remain in one piece!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts