Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just picked up a sweet little boy from Petco (yes I know its risky but he has the most amazing personality I've ever seen). He's too small to be in the boys cage and he still needs to be quarantined but I was wondering if yall could give me some advice on intros?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Before twelve weeks intros with boys are easy. Empty neutral territory with bar to bar interaction the day of.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe my new boy is 4-5 weeks. He is a lot smaller than mine were at 6 weeks when I got them. To be honest I am most worried about intros. My boys have been together literally their whole lives and I hope the accept an outsider.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm letting him settle in before I start taking pictures and what not but I hope I can get some up soon because is just so adorable. I can already tell his eye sight is bad though. His eyes are more red than my other ruby eyed boy and he sways his head a lot whereas my other doesn't.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
can you get him a little friend, its far kindr to intro 2 babies and then he has company for quaretine.

Then i would use the carrier method once they are old enough (6-8 weeks size dependant is perfect)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts