Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two rats Moo and Oink. The two are best buddies and do everything together. Moo has a digestion issue (nothing contagious) and needs a special diet for three weeks and the vet recommended to keep the two separate to keep a better eye on Moo's progress (how much he poops). I hate to separate them and am worried they will get depressed from being lonely. And I'm afraid Moo will only get worse instead of better if he is isolated. They can be together during free range time, but I usually only have them out for about 2 hours a day. I feel horrible keeping them apart the rest of the time though. What would you do?

·
Registered
80 Posts
that's tough, but if they need to be separated for his health, it's better safe than sorry. at least they do get to see each other every day. maybe just increase their time together out of their cages so they don't get so bored.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would follow the vet's advice, to be honest. If it's not contagious, then I'd put their cages next to each other, though. Did your vet say how long Moo should be isolated?

Just out of curiosity, what was the digestion issue? And what was the special diet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts