Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rodent Fawn Rat Snout Terrestrial animal

Can someone maybe help guess at these guys age? I know they're definitely weaning, I give them a bit of kitten milk and young rat food mixed. I bought them both together yesterday.

Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
Oh they are adorable!! The babes are so precious. Likely 4 weeks old. Can you weigh them? 40-50 grams would put them at 4-5 weeks old. You can also feed them baby cereal. I cook Cream of Wheat with a bit of brown sugar and butter for calories. You can also give them peas (I use frozen, thaw in warm water before I feed) It's one of the first solid foods they can hold onto. Make sure they are drinking from the bottle. You should also put a small bowl of water in for them, give them a choice of where to get their water. That's why the jarred baby food is good, lots of moisture. Good luck with your darlings 馃挒

Also, are they both boys or both girls?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh they are adorable!! The babes are so precious. Likely 4 weeks old. Can you weigh them? 40-50 grams would put them at 4-5 weeks old. You can also feed them baby cereal. I cook Cream of Wheat with a bit of brown sugar and butter for calories. You can also give them peas (I use frozen, thaw in warm water before I feed) It's one of the first solid foods they can hold onto. Make sure they are drinking from the bottle. You should also put a small bowl of water in for them, give them a choice of where to get their water. That's why the jarred baby food is good, lots of moisture. Good luck with your darlings 馃挒

Also, are they both boys or both girls?
They're both boys :) will oatmeal with brown sugar be okay? I don't have butter right now.. lol so is milk okay to mix in with it? And I'll also put a bowl of water in :) thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts