Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one rat who is friendly, well behaved, and loving, but who's former cage mate passed away a while back. I had intended to buy another sooner but since school started I've been busy. About a week and a half ago I finally got around to it and picked up two boys, both are smaller than than the rat I already if I had to guess I'd say they were adolescents.

The problem is my normally loving and friendly rat is being very aggressive to the new ones. The current set up I have is the two new boys are in the cage and my grown male free ranges 24/7 in my bedroom (that sounds irresponsible when I just say it but my room has been rat proofed and he's well trained). My adult has actually bitten the youngest one's tail and fingers. When I try to introduce them without a cage between them my adult gets violent. I'm honestly at a loss at about what to do, I never thought I would have this problem with him since he's always been so friendly. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts