Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
kakushi is an aqouti hooded. why do want the pcitures?

in this photo from left to right is Tween, Twix (both mismarked berks) and Kakushi (and the little black butt under kakushi's hand is babydoll)
this picture was taken in may 2007

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sorry to hijack a thread, but it is on topic... :lol:

Looking at some of these pictures, I'm wondering now if our Ratatouille is agouti? I've never really thought about it before, because she's just our gorgeous girl, but I'm curious, now! I really should pay more attention to colorations and whatnot :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww, ok. The reason is because I'm to be fostering two girls that I was informed were that color. I have never heard that word before so I was curious what my girls would be looking like. :]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
you'll have to give us some pictures once they're settled.

yes, donna, ratty is an aqouti. i think she would be considered an agouti mismarked bareback even (that is if the smudge on her back is fur coloring on not dinner.... i have a himi that changes her markings with each meal so sometimes little smudges can be deceiving).

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
She's beautiful Donna. Yeah I would say mismarked bareback. She is what breeder's call a bright agouti. Lighter and reddish. My Rennie is not. :) but we love them all. :heart:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
twitch said:
yes, donna, ratty is an aqouti. i think she would be considered an agouti mismarked bareback even (that is if the smudge on her back is fur coloring on not dinner.... i have a himi that changes her markings with each meal so sometimes little smudges can be deceiving).
haha! Ratty's markings have changed very slightly as she's aged (she's almost two, now). The smudge on her back used to be just dark brown looking, now it has some reddy brown in and around it. When it first started changing a few months ago, I thought it was porphyrin, but it didn't wash off :lol: She has one other smudge at the base of her tail. That has always been there.

Thanks for that :D

Stephanie said:
OMG!! your Ratty looks so much like my Sugar Bear!!! She is definitely n agouti and soooo cute!!!
Thanks! :D

lilspaz68 said:
She's beautiful Donna. Yeah I would say mismarked bareback. She is what breeder's call a bright agouti. Lighter and reddish. My Rennie is not. :) but we love them all. :heart:
Thanks! :D We love her to bits. She hasn't always had so much red in her, which is possibly why I've never really thought about it that much... she used to be more grey/brown.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
lilspaz68 said:
Ahhh she's rusting as she ages then. Can we get a pic of her head next time? I love ratty faces. :D
I'll see what I can find... if not, I'll take one later for you. Right now, I need to scoot and get some tidying up done... we have a house guest arriving in a few hours :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts