Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for information on how to travel by airline with rats.
Which airlines are safe and in what kind of container do our little friends travel. Was it a good experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, from my experience, having worked for 2 airlines, they don't accept rats in the cabin any more. They have rats escape and had to evacuate planes because the danger of a rat chewing on a cord. This was in Norway. I don't know how the practice is in other countries.

·
Registered
323 Posts
wow, I don't know, I was asking myself the same question when I first got my rat, I think they do, but I am not sure. I was asking myself that question becasue I visit my Grandparents ever year bymyself in Washington. It would be so cool to take Templeton on an ariplane to my Grandparetns house!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Delta airlines allows ferrets, so maybe they allow rats too. I dunno. The problem though (and this is the case with just about any airline that allows pets in the cabin) is that you have to call months and months ahead of time just for a chance to be able to fly with your pet, as they only allow a limited number of pets in the cabin at a time. Delta I think only allows 2 animals at a time with no exceptions. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
delta does not allow rats in the cabin. my ex husband works for delta, thats how i know.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know they can travel in a secure cage and United Airlines will transport them in cargo only. Has anyone ever done this and did the rats do OK?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts