Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the cutest alarming things I have seen in a long time- Belgie running off with my retainer.

I leave my retainer on my nightstand, which the girlies have begun to explore. So I guess Belgie decided that was something she'd like to have, picked the whole two-inch-square peice of metal and plastic up, and ran off with it! They warned me about dogs liking retainers, no one said anything about rats!

I was torn- it's so cute to see ratties running off with something, but if she chewed that retainer up... well, I'm three states and $50 away from being able to get a new one! Luckily she just stashed it, so I got to *steal* it back right away!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Eek! :lol:

·
Registered
527 Posts
aw, that must've been cute..and a little scary, haha. xD
i have retainers too, but i keep them in their case which my girls have not yet encountered. :lol:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't wear a retainer, but this would be a real dilemma for me, because once my ratties decide that something is a "toy," I feel guilty if I don't give it to them.

You don't happen to have any older retainers hanging around the house that you can leave out for them to steal, do you?

Maybe, the next time you get a new one, you can make this one a gift for them.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. I'm sure they barely noticed it was gone, I made sure to give them some nice tissue paper and toilet paper tubes instead. And I'm afraid that the only other retainer I have is my backup, in case something should happen to this one! Like, I dunno, rat chews.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Aww, you have two? I have a bottom and top(but the bottom one broke... waiting to get that fixed), and to get them repleaced is $150 EACH.

Guess I'll have to not leave my retainer lying around when I get my ratties!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hehe, my ferret Spazz loves to hide anything chewy. It's really hard to keep her from my boyfriends MP3 player and PSP. She wants to hide those. She never chews on them, just carries them off and stashes anything she deems chewy. Sometimes it seems she wants to do that to our feet too *eyeroll*

·
Registered
549 Posts
Holly said:
this would be a real dilemma for me, because once my ratties decide that something is a "toy," I feel guilty if I don't give it to them.
Holly, would you deny your rats anything? I'm seriously waiting for you to say they loved you bed so now you sleep on the couch :lol:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Um...well...uh...no, I guess I wouldn't deny them anything. :oops: :wink: :lol:

Actually, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what else I can do to enrich their lives as it is! I can't think of anything else right now, but maybe they ~would~ like a bed...and mine's a new TempurPedic bed, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Holly said:
Um...well...uh...no, I guess I wouldn't deny them anything. :oops: :wink: :lol:

Actually, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what else I can do to enrich their lives as it is! I can't think of anything else right now, but maybe they ~would~ like a bed...and mine's a new TempurPedic bed, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What have I done!!! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts