Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people who use Alfalfa pellet for bedding and/or litter and like it. I also know that Alfalfa is supposed to be hard for rats to digest. I'm not sure if they will try to eat it though. I got a 50 lb bag for 10 bucks...

Think its okay? :?

·
Registered
489 Posts
For what? Litter? I wouldnt use it as a primary bedin because i cant imagine it bein too comfy to walk on.

As a litter, i cant imagine it bein absorbant and good wit smelll. but maybe someone else would know better

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to use it on the bottom of the cage because thats what Ive seen a couple of other people doing along with using it in litter boxes. I was worried about their feet at first as well, but they dont really use the bottom for anything but a bathroom anyway. I'm not sure how the smell or how absorbant it will be, which I why I wanted to test it out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Was it made as bedding...or feed for horses/cattle?

I feed pelleted oat/alfalfa hay to my horses and it is reallllly dusty. Plus it tends to mold if it gets wet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have alfalfa pellets made for bedding? Well I dont believe the kind I got is ment for bedding and I didn't know it was really dusty or would mold when wet so I will try to take it back to the store since I havn't opened it. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definetly not. I will probably just use fabric and litter boxes with yesterdays news to get them ready for the...*dramatic gasp* FN!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts