Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when we moved the rats into the big cage, they were able to squeeze through the bars (then we used mesh) they chewed one whole side out of the cage and didnt get out. so yesterday i took a little peice out of my all bran bar, stuck it near the bars so the only way they could get it is if they squeezed through, they couldnt get through but when i wasnt paying attention hyper put her arm through and grabbed it, then ate it. then i had to give ozzy one cuz she gave me the eyes then reached through the cage..........is this ok for them to eat every now and then?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Why would you put a treat somewhere to tempt them to escape? And why would you use something you didn't know if they could have? This doesn't make sense to me

·
Registered
532 Posts
glindella said:
Why would you put a treat somewhere to tempt them to escape?
to make sure they couldn't escape in the future when no one was around to catch them, i'm guessing

though i would have just put their cage in the bathroom for the night with the door closed and if they were running loose in the morning, then assume there's a problem with the cage

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Glindella - I think they were just trying to see if the rats were able to get out of the cage, and used something as bait

To the OP - All Bran Bars are high in sugar, and also contain dairy products which aren't recommended for animals at all. For treats in the future, keep to fresh, healthy (unprocessed) foods, like fruits and veggies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts