Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this cage online last night from petsmart. I'm SO excited because I've heard a lot of good things about it. It's basically a knock off of the Critter Nation (they don't sell them anywhere in Canada sadly that I could find without paying a hefty shipping fee) and I pick it up tonight!

I'm just looking for ideas on what to do with all of this space! I have a 5&6 month old so they will have a lot of room to play.

I currently have 2 litter boxes, hammocks, 2 water bottles, a little wooden bridge, a rope that clips on either side of the cage, hanging toys.

What else could I use or buy for their new home?

·
Registered
994 Posts
We don't have critter nation in Australia either.(and if it costs alot to ship to canada i can only imagine how much it would cost to ship here.) I got a ferret kingdom which is pretty much the Aussie equivalent. I have branches and sticks (from an apple tree) for my rats to climb on (after being cleaned, ofcourse) They also like to chew them so that satisfies two needs.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My girls have a ball pit. Basically went to the dollar store, got a plastic bin with holes in the sides, then filled it with ping pong balls and waffle balls. The girls love it, just beware cause they can chew through the balls, and you'll have to replace them. It is fun to see where they will start to hoard the balls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts