Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently only have one litter pan in my Critter Nation, and I don't have enough money for another litter pan (currently using a lock-in-place corner litter pan with grate) and was wondering what else I could use for one?

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you have any spare containers from the kitchen; plastic containers and glass pans and stuff, then simply attaching the to the side of the cage with binder clips can work. I currently use a glass baking pan.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can also go to the dollar tree if you have one and buy Tupperware or plastic baskets there for just a dollar. It's not that much less than the $6 lock litter pan but five bucks is five bucks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Many things that you would ordinarily just throw away would be suitable. A cut down milk jug, or a juice carton laid on it's side and cut open for instance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much! And I wish lock in place litter pans in my area were $5 :( But the only place they sell them around here cost around $20 or I would have gotten myself some haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Amazon has the lock ones for sale for $6 and change. The only drawback is you can't pick your own colors, but if that doesn't matter to you, then that also works :) the kind with the grate is $11 something on Amazon. I buy most of my pet stuff there because my local petstore sells nothing in bulk and with 9 rats bulk is way less expensive xD

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had always used just my ordinary tupperware from home. Worked like a charm until I could save up to buy three little boxes where they like to go..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also I was wondering if anyone one of you guys knew what I could use for grating? I don't really want them digging into the litter and flinging poops everywhere lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts