Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who give your ratties Just Bananas or and of the "Just..." products as treats there is an alternative. You can buy Gerber Graduates mini fruits as an alternative treat. I like them because they are rattie size.

It's basically just freeze dried fruits of different varieties. I picked up the banana strawberry mix in attempts to wean my ratties off of banana chips (fat/oil/sugar).

Nutrition Facts (banana/strwberry mix)
Serving Size 1/4 cup
Calories 25
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 0
Potassium 90 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 0

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just bought a bag of the banana/strawberry mix the other day:)

All my ratties love them and they are the perfect rattie size.

My boy Raz also likes the Graduates for toddlers "Lil' Crunchies" mild cheddar flavor-The first time he tasted he, he ripped it out of my hand and ate the whole thing in no time :D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use them as a treat! They get real fruits and veggies as part of their meals!!

Also....I forgot to mention...that these are a lot easier to find than "Just..." products, espically if you don't have an organic food store by you!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I get coupons in the mail for baby food products for kids.... but I use them to buy food and treats for my ratties :D.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I use them for treats because they get fresh fruits and veggies regularly. They are so much easier to find than Just products in my area.

I think they are good treats because they are made from mostly real fruits unlike other snacks that aren't as good for them.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i add them to the food mix and they get some everyday because some days they only get veggies and some days only fruits and bread, etc. i don't have an amazing stock of fresh produce like some of you, lol. this way they get a little something every day. i have to make sure the mix is frozen though, because the freeze-dried fruits get spongy when mixed with the puffed grains and stuff at room-temp.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to make a suebee's mix today, and I thought I'd put them in there too! i'd like to say that the Gerber mini fruits are less expensive than just bananas but i'm really not too sure about that!

I'm 70% positive they are but the "Just..." products come in a larger container! I'll have to do some research!

I know before I moved it was nearly impossible to find a store that sold Just products, so this is really an awesome option for people who live in less accommodating areas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Excuse me for my ignorance, xD, but what exactly are the "Just" Products?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been calling them the Just products because the name changes to the fruit or veggie that is in the container; such as, Just Bananas, Just Peas, or Just Blueberries. They have many varieties of fruits and veggies in the form of dried snacks. They are called just because they contain only the fruit or veggie that is packaged instead of extra sugar and nasty things we can pronounce.

They are an excellent treat for humans and ratties alike; however, it is rare that you will find these products in a regular store. They are usually found in organic food stores like Whole Foods or Lori's. Unfortunately in some areas it can be hard to find stores like these, and if you find one, it can be extremely pricey!

I just bought Just Organic Carrot Bits to put into my Suebee's mix. It was nearly 5$ for 4oz.

You can also order from their website www.justtomatoes.com
I'd highly recommend giving them a try at least once! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts