Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the obvious Amazon products that most of us buy for our rats (such as SpacePods, Oxbow food, lava ledges) what do you guys recommend? Anything from cage accessories to packaged food/treats! I am interested in new things for my rats and would like to see what others use and know that is safe for them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought the Rosewood Boredom Breaker Natural Treat Double Woodroll (what a mouthful lol) for my boys a couple months ago. I think its intended for guinea pigs and rabbits but judging by the ingredients and such it sounded safe enough for rats too. My boys ignored it to begin with but after a few days I pulled out the little metal hooks that attach it to the side of the cage and left it in. Over the next week I found that the orange carrot-y part of it was very quickly disappearing. Then after that, the parsley bit. They don't really bother with the wooden part of the toy but it still makes a pretty decent toy and something to thinly spread peanut butter on as a rare treat.

It's probably not the best thing to give your ratties all day everyday (like what I did whoops), but it is something worth checking out!

rosewood-boredom-breaker-natural-treat-double-woodroll_6204393.jpeg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts