Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I feel bad about my last DIY hammock post...

1. Shoo!! go to the dollar store and buy lots of washcloths

2. Turn in each corner and sew it down, leaving a large enough tunnel for zipties, shower curtain rings or yarn, what ever you hang your hammocks with

This is a single hammock! TADA!

Too easy? Ok make it a double!

1. Take another washcloth and sew it like this:

at each corner

looks like this when done:

or this :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Haha, Double Trouble! My girls love the canopy type hammocks, but I don't have one where thye get to use both layers! Except when Belgie crawls between layers, and Sevilla sits on top, then they kind of make their own...

·
Registered
447 Posts
I never seen a hammock like urs its pretty sweet ill have to look in on that idea. thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
what i was thinking was make like 8 hammocks and see if they prefer a certain one and ill probably buy a beanie then hem it so there is only a little hole in it and see if my rats like it

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ratrover said:
my rats would love that but i would have to make it out of softer material because my rats receive only th ebest
wow... thats really all I can say without being mean.. so I'm just gonna shut my mouth and ignore this person.... yup thats it...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ratrover, that was really nasty and uncalled for. Glindella is doing the forum a FAVOR by showing how to make good cheap hammocks. Your 'jokes' aren't very funny.

·
Registered
18 Posts
that's a really great hammock design, thanks for showing! i just wish id come on here before i bought a pre-made one on ebay yesterday.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i passed your design onto a friend who is off work due to major heart problems and needs something to do to keep his fingers busy. he taught himself to sew, and now he loves making the hammocks, and his ratties love them too!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's a really neat idea. I'll have to try making one. I'm not sure mine will use it thought--I bought one for them once, and they didn't seem to like it; for an inexpensive as this is, it doesn't hurt to try it out.

·
Registered
500 Posts
LOVE the two-layer hammock...I'm going to have to try it, will let you know how that goes (I'm not very domestically inclined, but it looks like even I could do it). Wonderful idea. Of course, I'll be making mine out of pure Egyptian cotton, only 600+ thread count...lol, j/k, washcloths will do just fine for my babies. :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
stojio said:
that's a really great hammock design, thanks for showing! i just wish id come on here before i bought a pre-made one on ebay yesterday.
yea seriously, I spent 6 bucks on a hammock at Petco and it's not even near as cool as these, great idea!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts