Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most of us have been through convincing our parents that we should be able to get pet rats....the other day I was at petco and saw a mom trying to convince her kid to get a rat, here's what I heard of the conversation:
"...mice won't let you cuddle and love them, but rats will! Look at the rats!"

·
Registered
383 Posts
Someone's clearly been doing her homework.

Despite our assurances to my sister-in-law, she got a pet hamster for her boys. My wife and I have been sharing rat success stories. Hope the hamster doesn't bite anyone. SIL said that she's sweet, so hopefully she has a good temperament. No idea how sweet she'll be with an 8-year-old around, but maybe I'll be surprised. Pets can be remarkably patient with kids.

I have a feeling that they wanted just one small animal. If so, then I'm glad they chose the hamster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Someone's clearly been doing her homework.

Despite our assurances to my sister-in-law, she got a pet hamster for her boys. My wife and I have been sharing rat success stories. Hope the hamster doesn't bite anyone. SIL said that she's sweet, so hopefully she has a good temperament. No idea how sweet she'll be with an 8-year-old around, but maybe I'll be surprised. Pets can be remarkably patient with kids.

I have a feeling that they wanted just one small animal. If so, then I'm glad they chose the hamster.
The only problem with hamsters and kids would be the kids being too rough. Most hamsters are pretty ok with gentle people.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The only problem with hamsters and kids would be the kids being too rough. Most hamsters are pretty ok with gentle people.
Well, if we get a report of a bite, then we'll try not to say "I told you so" and see if they'd be interested in some ratties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts