Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 rats, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 1 rabbit
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so I haven’t been on rat forum for a few months now so I figured I’d give you all an update on what happened.
About two or three weeks ago on Halloween my rat Templeton passed away. He was perfectly fine, and I still don’t know what happened to him. He was about 2 yrs 2months when he passed. He passed away in his sleep so I don’t think he was in any pain.

I came home on the day that Templeton passed from a two day retreat with my church. I’m really glad I didn’t stay any longer there because when I got home I for some reason decided to take Templeton out of his cage and snuggle with him for a while. I’m really glad that I got the last chance to snuggle with him. :)

okay, Templetons litter mate, nicodemus is a VERY old man and has three old man lumps on his left side. One behind his front arm, a very big one right in front of his back leg, and one lump in the middle. They don’t seem to hurt him, but my poor baby can barley get over a blanket without help. He also has a little trouble getting into his favorite thing ever. His space pod. We are expecting him to pass on any day now, but I’m not ready.Theres nothing I can do for him since my family refuses to take him to the vet and they keep reminding me that he doesn’t have much longer to live and it make me cry every time. I hate having to think about his passing he is my sweetest most cuddly bubbie ever. I hope I get to spend all the time I can with him.

here is some of my favorite pictures of

Eye Rat Rodent Fawn Whiskers

Head Cloud Sky Eye Human body

Eye Rat Human body Rodent Whiskers

Here are some pictures of nicodemus
Rat Rodent Whiskers white footed mice Fawn

Head Eye Vertebrate Rat Organism

Eye Felidae Rodent Human body Rat

Carnivore Felidae Pink Fawn Whiskers

Eye Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Rodent Carnivore

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am sorry you lost Templeton,what a beautiful rat.....and so is Nicodemus,what sweet faces they have.If Nicodemeus is still getting around and eating he is ok for now but if his the skin on his lumps starts to break down euthnasia would be the kindest option otherwise it will be a slow painful decline for him..I am sorry to upset you by bringing this up,I know you care for your rats,but try to keep working in the parents.

·
Registered
3 rats, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 1 rabbit
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am sorry you lost Templeton,what a beautiful rat.....and so is Nicodemus,what sweet faces they have.If Nicodemeus is still getting around and eating he is ok for now but if his the skin on his lumps starts to break down euthnasia would be the kindest option otherwise it will be a slow painful decline for him..I am sorry to upset you by bringing this up,I know you care for your rats,but try to keep working in the parents.
Thank you. And, I’m not upset, I mostly get upset when my family brings it up like they almost don’t care about him. I would only want what’s best for him, thanks for telling me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts