Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Tomorrow, honey has to go get a theeth clipping. She's going to have to be put to sleep for the procedure . Should I be worried? She's 2 and a half, and has had/has a URI. What should I expect?

·
Registered
168 Posts
My girls have all been spayed. Rosie and Madam Dupree a couple of weeks ago and Delilah and Bear today. My girls are all about 6 months old and I believe Bear is the smallest at 200 grams and Madam is the curviest at 400 grams. They all made it, obviously. I was very worried like you, as they all just recently sort of recovered from a URI. When I got my girls, they looked out of it and sort of sedated. But as soon as I brought them into the house, they stood up and were sniffing like crazy. They all looked kind of wet too. Don't know why. So long as your vet has experience, should be fine. Is the teeth clipping necessary? Whta has your vet advised?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honey definitely needs her theeth done. There scraping her gums , and she hasn't been able to eat at all

·
Registered
475 Posts
My boy was the same way after his surgery. He had to get a tumor removed from his arm and he was (obviously) put under for the procedure. They used a gas. I know because i asked about it because I remembered people being worried and bad things happening when putting rats under anesthesia and he explained that with the gas there's nothing to worry about. It's the injection of anesthesia that can be dangerous. Quinn was pretty sleepy (but in a good way. he was super sweet and let me pet him more than usual but he was also walking around and curious too) when I picked him up. he slept most of the way home and in his carrier in the kitchen while I made lunch but when I put him back in his cage he was all over the place so your baby should be fine c:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts