Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just joined the forum today mainly because i just bought two rats today and completely fell in love with them. One is white and black and hooded rat i think and her name is Zombina, the other is a full tannish cream color and her name is Molly Mayhem. I will get pictures for you here shortly either befor the night is through or by tomorrow. they are still getting used to me and what not so its kinda hard getting them out of their cage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
finally got some pics up of them in their temp play pen

Theres molly

theres Zombina

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome. Very cute ratties.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks does any one know what kind they are? like i said before i believe Zombina is a hooded but im not sure about Molly

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
molly looks like a beige. does she have any markings on her or is her color solid throughout? if its solid then she's a beige self self. if she has markings then it would depend on the marking to tell what type she is.

zombina looks like a hooded to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Molly has no markings but her coat is darker on her sides by a few shades

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
that is probably just molting. she's young yet. looks like molly is a beige self then

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
*blinkblink* Hey, I didn't notice before, but I've done testing on Thalidomide. :lol:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Such cutie ratties!!! welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here :D.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks every one for the compliments on my girls they would come out and say hi but they are getting used to their new cage since the first one i bought the wheel broke off along with the wires it was welded on to with it and forensic how can you do testing with thalidomide since it hasn't been made since the 60's?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
berks-- depending on the ammount of white on her belly and the shape could either make her a mismarked berkshire, a berkshire or a irish beige with a face bolt/blaze (not sure what the distinction is between the two exactly but i know they are different. from my understanding a blaze will cover the whole of the top of the noze and travel between the eyes. a bolt would look like a lightening bolt just about anywhere else on the face. i think it follows the same general rules as horse face markings).

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Mark_Thalidomide said:
thanks every one for the compliments on my girls they would come out and say hi but they are getting used to their new cage since the first one i bought the wheel broke off along with the wires it was welded on to with it and forensic how can you do testing with thalidomide since it hasn't been made since the 60's?
It's actually being tested again in a completely different capacity (no more morning sickness medicine! 8O ) I work for a pharma. testing company... the study was HIGHLY monitored, men only, with full notification to partners and all those involved in any portion (clinical, lab, etc.) had to read and sign that they understood the full effects of the drug...

It was... different. :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow what is it used for now since its no longer unintended abortion medicine

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I forget... Something like alzheimer's or something... Of course the lab wanted all the young girls to work on it. :roll:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thanks! It's all my roommate's fault, to be honest.

Except Pernod. I wanted something obscure. :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya once i get males i already have my names for those two, Vincent after Vincent price and Bella and Bella Lagousi

1 - 20 of 25 Posts