Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I came across this forum while searching for information about rat behaviour etc. We recently got a rat for my daughter for her birthday - she has been asking for one for the last three years - and so far it has been great. She (the rat that is) is a 3 month old chocolate hooded and doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body. We are looking forward to learning more about keeping rats so we can do the best for our Rose.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) Would love to see pictures of Rose! Also, rats do a lot better in life with a mate of their own species. I'm sure Rose would love a little mate to play with :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! :) Would love to see pictures of Rose! Also, rats do a lot better in life with a mate of their own species. I'm sure Rose would love a little mate to play with :)
Yea I know. We were recommended to get an only to begining with so she bonded with my daughter but I want to get her a friend and want some advice about getting another one. So just getting my three posts done so I can start asking questions of you all :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's actually best to get them in pairs believe it or not. They will feel more comfortable around humans with their buddy backing them up and then you don't have to go through the ratty bonding process when you get them a friend! (It's a pain with boys but I don't know about girls but I've heard it's a lot easier with females so good luck!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts