Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! ^_^ My name is Mana, and I am a soon-to-be rat owner, longtime rat lover. I've been lurking around this forum for a week or so, after doing some research once I decided that I wanted to finally get a rat (although it didn't take long for me to change that to rats). When I was younger, my mom would never let me get a rat because she didn't like their adorable hairless tails. Then one of my friends got a rat, and I melted and fell in love with her and had to have my own! You'll probably see me around asking some questions until I get my girls, and then I'll gush and post lots of pictures ^_^

Oh, and I was wondering if any of you had names picked out for your rats before you got them? I have some in mind, but I'll probably have to get to know my rats before I decide for sure ^_^

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi, Mana! Welcome to the forums!
I think it's easier to decide upon a name for your rattlings once you get to know their personalities.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Most of the time I've had a name picked out before I got the rat. And most of the time the name never fit the rat.

I think I'd recommend getting the rat and seeing how you feel you should name them. THen you can always have some in standby just in case.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Mana, welcome to the forums :)

I chose the names for our rats after we bought them, hoping that something would come to me once I knew their personalities a bit. It didn't work! :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I named my rats long before I had them. (I still don't have them for another 3 weeks or so! :D)
I named them after my future roommate's internet names. Kinda stupid, but oh well.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I spent much time agonizing over Bert and Bastians name but Odin came right to me. It fit cause he only has one eye >_> And that was better than Cyclops lol. I don't even nickname him that.

But he is also called Winks. My animals tend to have several names.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts