Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tarley is having anxiety issues when he is out of his cage, so we're working slowly on that. He is tugging at my heart with his little shivers and shakes though! His brother is completly opposite, very outgoing and used to people, he loves to be held and kissed. Tarley goes into either struggle and flee mode or frozen in fear mode when held.

Here is hubby holding him on his back.

And his little back feet holding on the best they can... :lol:

Here he is cuddled up on my lap... shaking his little behind off.

Hmm, maybe I can make a run for the cage! :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
What a little sweetie. Most rats don't like it on their back... I also read once that rats will get over some fear after 20 minutes of being out. Not sure if there's much truth to that.
When I have skittish rats, I put them down my shirt and keep them there for a couple of hours at a time, while watching tv or reading a book. It doesn't take long for them to be comfortable and bond to me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
What a cute little guy! I'm sure he'll warm up to you before long. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sonoma said:
What a cute little guy! I'm sure he'll warm up to you before long. :)
In his cage he is just the sweetest thing, licking fingers and playing, but outside of the cage, oh boy, scared city. :p We just keep working everyday. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
My rat Spaz is like that too, he doesn't really shake he just sits still when i lean over while I'm holding him or make a loud noise, and just acts kinda scared. They like playing in the cage the best, just takes time! I got my guys 4 days ago too though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts