Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to feed my ASF rats a lab block. However I do not want to feed them soy.

Is there any block that does not contain soy?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Harlan Teklad only contains s oybean oil. However, you're trading soy for corn...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not that I know of, if there were a high quality commercially available food without soy or corn I would buy it instead of Oxbow.
I don't particularly like feeding soy to my rats because I avoid eating it myself as much as possible, but it's either soy or corn and I'm not sure which is worse.
You could try making your own food I suppose if you aren't already, there are a of couple recipes floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could I ask why you want to avoid soy? I have heard about corn being unhealthy, but not this.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Probably GMO

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Aside from the fact that the vast majority of soy is GMO and disregarding the controversy there, soy is just generally a bad food for you and your animals. It can really disrupt hormones and thyroid function. There are many studies on it that you can browse to make a decision on whether or not to avoid soy in your and your pets' diets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts