Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a Coastal Carpet Python, will be 2 in February and he's 4.5 feet long.

You get a LOT of criticism and questions when you own the same pet that you feed another. That being said, I would NEVER breed rats to have as feeders, and live feeding is illegal here anyway. My snake doesn't know my rats exist, vice versa, and I plan to keep it that way. I was looking for some rats a while ago and one breeder (literally the only breeder I could find within hours of me) refused to sell me a pair because she was convinced they'd become rat food (even though I invited her to come see my adult rats being spoiled in their huge cage).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CCP - very nice..... Ginger is on one side of the house, and Lucky Rat is on the other side. I have to watch who I handle first, because I will smell like either a python or a rat.....with some human thrown in, lol.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My mom hates snakes, and my cats hate rats... Both of them have to live in my room :eek:

Thankfully my room is pretty long, so they're far enough away from each other, and there are windows either side, haha.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd love to own a snake, but you cant in New Zealand. I will be moving to Finland in the near future, and plan on getting one then. I don't think I'll be getting anything too huge, just a little pretty snake about as long as my arm will do me fine, but I tend to get obsessive with things like pets and will no doubt end up with some massive walk in snake den full of eight foot long constrictors or something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts