Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okie dokie,

Does anyone here have "A Thing" they do with their rats? Like something you always do with your little beans that you don't think others do.

For example:
Everytime I get a drink out of my water bottle, I will fill up the cap with water and let them drink some water out of the cap while I drink water out of my water bottle. They love it so much that every time I open up my water bottle they run over to me expecting some water. It's so cute 馃グ馃ぃ

And another one is everytime I get a pear(my FAVORITE fruit) I always give my little beans few pieces. I'm pretty sure they love pears as much as I do! And same with the water bottle, they're always eagerly waiting for their turn 馃ぃ

Any one else got "A Thing"?? 馃

Registered
I do! I make "rat candy", it's a mix of organic mixed-nut butter and honey, with a little biscuit mix to tighten it up. It looks like cookie dough, and I scoop the tiniest bits with my finger nails and roll it into little balls the size of a BB. Then I sing "Rat Candy!! Anybody want some....Rat Candy!" It sounds like the Hot Pockets jingle (if anyone remembers that lol)
And they come running, wake up and fall out of their hammocks and line up for these delicious little bits, and I hold the 'candy' on the flat of my fingers and they take each one so carefully. Then they start shoving and pushing, and I have to make sure everyone gets their share.

Registered
Ok,I鈥檝e thought of one( but I bet others do this too) I choose a song title similar to a rats name and sing it to them, rattifying the lyrics( they seem to enjoy it馃檪馃悂)
Haha, yes! I do this also. Another thing is 2 of my rats like to attack forks, so sometimes I will play with them by slowly moving a fork towards them and they will stand up on their hind legs and bite at the fork and box it with their hands. It's so funny to watch! I discovered this when one time I offered them a bite of food off my fork.

Registered
Rick and Morty
Ok so my boys and I have this game when I shake the food bag the run up to their door and I give them food pellets and they run down to stash them under their wheel and run back up and repeat until I think it鈥檚 enough! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts