Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me their reviews on this cage. Its the Martin's cage called The Rat Retreat it its code is R-685. It seems like its a good size, and $105 is a nice price fore a cage that size. I'd like to know if its easy to clean, if your rats seem to like it, what stuff you put etc. I started looking into this versus the CN because I need a cage that can sit on a desk more easily. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
i do not have that specific cage but I do have a martins rat cage. I LOVE martins. They are easy to clean, easy to hang stuff. I like that it has shelves/floors/the layout. Good sized depending on how many rats you have. I do think you need something to cover the wire floor though.
You do need to get it powder coated though. It is an option under drop down instead of keeping it galvanized. Urine will just soak right into and destroy your cage and it would be like throwing money away.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I don't have it but it can hold up to two rats. It is kinda expensive. I seen better and worse cages. It's 126 dollars on the martins website and I got my SCN for 100 off of kijiji.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
126 dollars with it powder coated.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have the R-680 and have had the 695 in the past. I currently have all of the shelves and ramps removed and replaced with kitty litter trays, ladders, ropes, etc. I'm a fan.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the cage suitable for 3 female rats? There's a trio at a rescue near me and they are soo cute. I'm really hoping to get them, even though none of them are hairless like I was previously hoping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
3 would be the most I would house in a Rat Retreat. That gives each one 2 cubic feet of space. If you use the space wisely you should be able to have 3 in there, but I wouldn't say any more than that. Good luck getting your new girls :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts