Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I need to buy a new cage for my upcomming babies and I was thinking that I might splurge on a Martin's cage. I've heard good things, but I'd like to get a wider view of things. Do you like them? Do you not like them? Would you live in one yourself if you were a rat, or would like to see the company burst into diabolical flame? I'd appriciate any info that you have!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a Martin's cage. A Rat Skyscraper R-695. I LOVE it. The only thing I wish is that I had ordered it with a bigger door or a third door on the bottom to get easier access to that side shelf on the bottom. Definitely get a powder coated, and a flip top lid. It makes cleaning SO much easier. :D But yeah. I have three girls in it, and they enjoy it. The bars and things make it really easy to decorate. It's a great cage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love my Martins cage. It's an R670 and an R690 combined, with an additional level between them. I bought them used and had them powder coated (since they were galvanized at the time). I much before the powder coated surface. It cleans much easier and won't stink!

I have been happiest with my Martins cage, of all the cages I've owned. I've had Super Pet cages, All Living Things, Machioro, etc. All Living Things cages are my second choice, but as far as stability and durability, Martins ranks way above the rest.

You'll save a lot more money and hassle probably with a Martins than anything else. I wish I'd started with a Martins, instead of fighting with SuperPet cages and other such brands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my Martin's, and would probably live in one if they made them that big... lol. The only thing that might be a problem in the future (I have shoulder issues that aren't limiting my activities as of yet, but may in the future) is lifting the top off the pan to clean it. Other than that, they are awesome cages and I highly reccomend them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I... you guessed it.. LOVE my Martin's Cage too. :)

I don't have a ton of space to keep a huge cage so I settled for a powder-coated r-690. The funny thing was, a week after it arrived, the next size up (a powder-coated r-695) was on Craigslist for only $50! I didn't get it, but I was kicking myself at the time for not waiting an extra week for a cheaper and slightly bigger cage... XD

I just got my rats today, so I haven't had to scrub dry raisins off the bars yet, so I don't know how easy or hard it is to clean, but I still love the cage and the rats do too... Although they haven't learned how to get to the bottom level yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts