Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know of my Gus - the biggest chicken-rat on the planet.

He he a severe 'fur complex' aka if any of my furred rats go near him - he SCREAMS his head off if they so much as look at him.

I've been trying for weeks to catch him in the act (screaming) and tonight I finally hit the jackpot.

I will stress before listening to the vid that NOTHING bad is happening to him. All I happened to do was pick up him and Andy at the same time, Andy was on my shoulder, Gus was on my hand. This is how he usually acts - the little psycho.

(Note: as I caught the noise on my phone, I've had to video-fy it to a pic. You'll need your speakers turned up)

Does anyone else have chicken-rats? I've tried very hard with Gus and although I have managed to get him back into a cage with his brother - any other rat produces .. well, you've just heard it. o_O

·
Registered
486 Posts
Note - Don't turn your speakers up if you have rats out. Roxy wondered what was going on :lol:

I've got to say, considering we know why he's screaming it's funny! Is it only furred rats he is like that round?
He's a strange, but very cute little boy :D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emster said:
Note - Don't turn your speakers up if you have rats out. Roxy wondered what was going on :lol:

I've got to say, considering we know why he's screaming it's funny! Is it only furred rats he is like that round?
I happen to have saved it as a txt message tone - I got a text while free-ranging my girls and they all froze and wondered wdf that miniture rat was doing in the block in my hand. LOL

And he's worse around furred rats. He will still squeak around my other hairless, but not so bad. Sometimes he does this with his brother, if Jack is being too annoying at night. It's a heart-attack alarm clock. I think somethings trying to kill him!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ration1802 said:
Emster said:

I happen to have saved it as a txt message tone - I got a text while free-ranging my girls and they all froze and wondered wdf that miniture rat was doing in the block in my hand. LOL

And he's worse around furred rats. He will still squeak around my other hairless, but not so bad. Sometimes he does this with his brother, if Jack is being too annoying at night. It's a heart-attack alarm clock. I think somethings trying to kill him!
:lol:

Aww, he's so cute! He sounds like he could be abit of a mommy's boy.
Oh do Gus and Jack live together now then?

I thought Roxy was a chicken, she doesn't scream at stuff but she can be very nervous at times. She's always so wary when she's out. She was sitting on her perch not long ago, I was infront of the cage with straightners and accidently slapped the tongs together, needless to say she pooed her pants and fell off the perch she was sitting on :| :lol:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Emster said:
Aww, he's so cute! He sounds like he could be abit of a mommy's boy.
Oh do Gus and Jack live together now then?

I thought Roxy was a chicken, she doesn't scream at stuff but she can be very nervous at times. She's always so wary when she's out. She was sitting on her perch not long ago, I was infront of the cage with straightners and accidently slapped the tongs together, needless to say she pooed her pants and fell off the perch she was sitting on :| :lol:
He's a total squishy rat. He's always on my shoulder, or when I take him for a bath, he's curled up around my neck. He's very clingy lol

And yep, it's taken a while but now Jack and Gus are finally together again. Gus still tiptoes around Jack, but I'm hoping with him he'll relax and they'll get used to each other properly. I caught them asleep in a tube hammock today - so that's a start

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
What a little pansy! That's hilarious, but so sad at the same time, he really sounds like he's being murdered. We just so happen to know he's acting...

My girl Belgie squeaks what I thought was bloody murder if I try to pick her up (the little dear is just great jumping up on my shoulder by herself and getting pets, it's just being picked up she doesn't care for), but it's barely a peep compared to the fuss your boy makes!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have one that screams. He only does it after I put new food it the cage. All the boys run around and stash the food in all their little hiding places. If anyone finds Sabastians stash and goes anywhere near it or him he screams at them just like your little chicken.

This is Sabastian :D

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
same sounds that my Nubbers would make when he saw DD after DD literally ripped him a new a$$

That was last summer.

But Nubbers evoked the right of revenge last month. My daughter was in a rush & was cleaning both of the boys cages at the same time, the larger group was playing on the floor & DD was hanging out on the bed. Well, Old Nubbers made his way up to the surface of the bed (something he has never done before) & attacked DD & ran away at top speed. He left DD nursing a couple puncture wounds down the length of his back.

Nubbers has always been a very vocal rat & he will cry & fuss when he is undergoing anything against his will. (i.e. nail trimmings, bath-time, etc.) He is also very quarrelsome with his cage mates. Even when he has them pinned down during their playtime wrestling matches he squeals like a little pig-rat.

My guess is that your squealer simply prefers the company of humans over rats.

·
Registered
229 Posts
XD Poor Gus.

Dust is a bit of a baby too. She squeaks up a storm whenever Gohma tackles her, and earlier tonight when my Love was tickling her she started squeaking too. She would throw the biggest fits when it was time to take her URI meds though, and also cries when we trim her claws.

The funniest of all was a couple nights ago when I had them out free-ranging around the bathroom. Dust ran up to me, bounced up my leg and with a big "SQUEE!" bounced again and latched onto my shirt, then let go and ran away. I think that was more of an excited "squee" than anything else, but it was so adorable I had to mention it. XD

·
Registered
219 Posts
Turning speakers up is a bad idea.
At least my notebook produces TOO loud noises then.

Suprisingly, my rats didnt even turn their heads, not even one of them.
I have four rats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts