Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am breeding my rat, Marsha Willamina Treacle, but I don't know who to give the father to. If you live in a state near Kansas or Missouri, and either would want a male rat or have one that I could use as stud to Marsha, pleeeaaaaaase post here! I really need a mate for Marsha before the end of December. We werehoping on some Christmas Pinkies, but no luck. My mom says that I won't have time after january to breed her, and that I need to figure something out SOON!!! Please help me! After (and if) I find a breeding male I will also need homes for the babies so if your interested in taking one then message me. Im hoping at least one Ratlet will carry Marsha's Himalayan, that would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As someone involved with my local humane society, It's always discouraging to hear about someone else breeding without a good reason to do so. If you really want to experience babies, then why not foster a pregnant female for a rescue.

At the very least, if you are going to breed, you should at least be responsible. Which means knowing both the genetic and social dispositions of both parents many generations back. It is irresponsible to breed if you don't have a good home lined up for the babies BEFORE creating them. Are you willing to spend hundreds of dollars on an emergency C-section if your rat needed one and is there even a vet qualified to do that in your area, or would poor Marsha just have to die because you decided to be immature?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts