Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in early may i finally took up art commissions due to a lack of vet funding. i was able to pay for that as well as a nice new computer chair and it really kicked me into drive to be able to provide for my animals (and myself on the side). however, since my ratto boy is likely going to be on PT medication for the rest of his life (70 dollars for a month's worth) i want to get a job that pays consistently so i never have to worry about not being able to help him. unfortunately art commissions are not consistent pay. my preferred choice of work is a nearby pet valu. it's always very calm in there, i've never seen it crowded even on weekends. though i've heard retail horror stories this particular store has a near-perfect 5 star review and every employee i've ever spoken to is super nice. something like that sounds perfect for a first job & especially as someone with significant mental and physical disabilities. even just 7 hours of work would easily pay off weeks of his medicine and that concept makes me very excited. i'll be applying with my partner so the both of us can start gaining work experience, and i can't think of a better way to do so than with animals and subject matter i'm confident in. if anyone has any advice i'd love to hear it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts