Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I was thinking of buying the add-on to the single critter nation, because I am planning on adding four more boys to my mischief. I was looking at the add-on on amazon, and it was just under 200$. I just checked it now, about two weeks later, and it's gone up to 300$. 200$ was going to be a stretch for me to start, and now that the price has gone up 100$, I don't know if it's even worth buying.
I'm wondering though, has the price gone up because of the corona virus? Because I really want to get this cage, and I hope the price doesn't go up anymore...
Thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's possible. I'm guessing you're in Canada. Both the single unit cage and the double unit cage appear to be out of stock and Amazon is limiting incoming inventory to essential products only so there may be a higher demand for whatever's left in their warehouses.

Now probably isn't the time to be thinking about this type of purchase. I would suggest waiting until things settle down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey so I also was looking for a new cage and couldn’t find any two tier cages for less than $300 until I checked wayfair. Amazon and pet smarts prices were just outrageous. Wayfair had a four level cage for $250 after taxes! I’m in Canada too. I would suggest checking on there for a cage expansion they might have something of a better price! Got my new cage today, took 40 mins to build and it’s of great quality!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey so I also was looking for a new cage and couldn’t find any two tier cages for less than $300 until I checked wayfair. Amazon and pet smarts prices were just outrageous. Wayfair had a four level cage for $250 after taxes! I’m in Canada too. I would suggest checking on there for a cage expansion they might have something of a better price! Got my new cage today, took 40 mins to build and it’s of great quality!
I just got a double cage 4 platforms prevue that closes off to make two I'd needed on a stand from Amazon for $118.00 a couple days ago. I'm in the states though not sure if that's a difference. Bars are a lil spacier than I'd like for any baby rats but a lol mesh until they grow and it's fine.
I'm still filling it up I just reached my Loki from a school class pet 7 months old in a 2x1 cage. I wasn't prepared but I seen what he was living in and got him immediately. School closed because of the virus and they were looking for someone to take him. I have a thread about it. I think you guys would faint if you see what he was living in at a school all by himself. :eek: 😢

1 - 4 of 4 Posts