Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
My neutered boy Pooka jumps at the cage door when I walk into the room and I'm teaching him tricks. He's very food motivated, which not all males are. It completely depends on the male because I've had lazy bum males and now Pooka who is just as hyper as a female (even before he was neutered).

·
Registered
835 Posts
My non-nuetered boy is always excited to see me and my other (also non nuetered) greets me at the cage but he isn't as excited about it. I haven't tried to teach them tricks just yet since neither are food motivated and don't eat outside of the cage unless it's something they're not suppose to eat.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
All 5 of my boys come up to the door. 3 of them know tricks. Elijah is my most intelligent boy. He can pancake, spin, jump into my hand etc on command. Every rat has a unique personality and being food motivated helps. Elijah in particular, it is almost like I can see his brain working.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My boys will come to the door to greet me most days, unless they are sleeping, in which case they lie there expecting scratches and love. All three get very hyper during free range and like me to chase them with my hand. They are all name trained and can all perform tricks too. So far I've taught spin, walk, roll over and wait.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Haha! my boys come to the door of the cage to see me or my partner as they're in my bedroom. They get a treat every time I walk in just to say "I'm happy to see you too" hehe

·
Registered
104 Posts
My boys come to the front of the cage to say hello and they are really shy aswell. They have a good nose and sniff and look around. Not sure about tricks as they are terrified of the world at the moment and think everything going to kill them. They only just 10 weeks old though :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
I am greeted by all 8 boys when I go near their cage. I would say I'm more likely to have everyone at the door of my boys cage than my girls. The girls cage I usually get maybe half the group at any given time. If I open the door of the boys cage I'm also more likely to have everyone jump out to my shoulders as well. I'm too lazy to train them to do tricks however. But previous boys I've had we taught tricks to.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Our boys are more likely to jump or climb up on me when the door is open. The girls just try to escape usually, the boys seem more people focused then most of our girls. They are more skiddish around loud noises then their sisters but it never deters them for long. And boy are they food motivated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.