Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
So, Holly (about 7 months) and ROsie (About 8 months) are always stealing food from CUppy-Cake (4 months or so), And Cuppy has grown somewhat thin. They also fight Cuppy, I thought it was playing at first, but it grew louder and louder, and Cuppy is now on her back trying to defend herself, and screaming at the top of her lungs.

Cuppy is actually Holly's birth-child, so I'm not sure if this is bullying or not. If it is, what should I do? I can't afford to build another cage for Cuppy.

I would absolutely HATE getting rid of her, because I'm the only owner she knows and we've bonded remarkably, but if it's the best thing for her and her health, I will do whatever I can.

Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They sleep together peacefully, usually.

I gave a dog biscuit to Holly and Rosie, and a piece to Cuppy, and Holly dropped what she was doing to fight CUppy and steal her treat D:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They aren't fighting so hard she's bleeding or anything, though.

(Sorry for posting so many times in a row :p )

·
Registered
455 Posts
It sounds like she's the bottom rat.. I'd say have them out for free range while you feed her in the cage

·
Registered
455 Posts
Have you tried two food bowls?

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's a tough one.. Maybe try some sort of see through mesh bowl (like a strainer?) over her and her food? So they can't steal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts