Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just got my rats 2-3 months ago and am really worried about whether I am providing a good home for them.
I am a high school student (3rd year) so I have a lot of school, transport and homework.
My two rats (female) live in a Ferplast Furret XL Cage which is 80 x 75 x 86.5 cm (L x W x H). They have three hammocks (one tunnel, one normal and one which is kind of like a burrow), three tunnels (one on ground, two hanging), loads of ropes and platforms, two XL sputniks and a few cat/dog toys. I try to hide or hang their food when I feed them, to make it kind of a challenge and often hide treats in folded up paper or old toilet paper rolls.
Due to my schedule I am only able to have them out about 20-30 minutes every day and I can't let them roam my room while I do homework because they pee everywhere. I built a small hutch for them (130 x 60 x 35 cm - L x W x H) where I also have toys, a tunnel hammock, a tunnel, a pea fishing station and a big duvet, so they at least can have a change of scenery when I do my homework.
Still I am very worried about whether I am providing enough for them and whether they might be bored. Though I'd be very unhappy about it I am willing to try and find a new home for them should it be nescessary

Please help!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi, I am also a 3rd year high school student :) Just by looking at this I would say that your rats have a good life with you, and that you are really trying hard to give them the best life you can. Maybe you could try changing out their toys in both places! I would say that they sound pretty happy to me :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts