Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I know if my rats are too fat? They look fine to me, but I don't really have anything to compare them to. Should I weigh them, and if so... what ratio am I looking for?

8O

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Are they fit/trim with no obvious fat deposits?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think rats vary quite a bit in weight. It really depends on how they look more than how they weigh. Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good... they have such funny bodies i often find it hard to gage. i feed them a pretty good diet, low in fat and protein... and hardly any sugary treats, so i never thought they might be fat. i suppose i worried because they tend to be so "non active" ... whenever i let them out for a run around, they usually just explore for a bit and then they find a good place to sit and sleep. they're about a year old... and i've had them with me since they were tinny... but i'd never had rats before them.

thanks for the feedback though!!!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Cowboy looks just a tad bit chunky but not too bad (has wee little man boobs starting). Can't really make out the other guys but they definitely don't look like they are under weight <wink>. BTW, very handsome guys!!

Best thing to do is weigh them & try to get them to be a bit more active.

Over weight is never a good thing for anyone & inactivity isn't doing them any favors either.

I'm not saying.... bad bad, do something quick... now would be a perfect time to get the guys physical & see if that does the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts