Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend a lot of time on youtube and have only used headphones in my room ( where my boys are ) because I don't know if the rats would be okay with Markipliers sudden screams. But I have very sensitive ears so if I leave earbuds in to long it starts to hurt. Is it okay to listen with out earbuds? Will the babes get scared

·
Registered
247 Posts
Our boys are in our open-plan living room/dining room/kitchen. They aren't bothered at all by the TV. I guess if they aren't used to too much noise just try it out at a reasonable volume to start with and see how they react. I totally get your ear issue, I have a similar one!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think a couple of my rats get mesmerized by the moving colors on the screen. If you find your rats look at your computer screen, maybe they're looking at you. When my cage was in a different place I would just turn and see my babies looking at me. They got really excited if I followed looking at them with actually speaking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My rats are mostly cool with TV but get sketched out by loud or jarring noises. One of mine, Paula, is just in general so shy I keep everything low when she's around because she startles very easily.
I've noticed they don't really seem to like music sometimes. I accidentally played some Grimes on my phone while Claudia was in my lap and she did not like it AT ALL. To be fair it was a little grating.

In terms of screens, they show a little interest in my lap top screen and will climb all over my phone, but I don't know if it's because they are attracted to the screen or confused about what my hands could possibly be doing that's more important than giving them rubs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts