Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My boy Matty has been really stinky around his head area lately, and 2-3 days ago he had what looked like dried blood on his nose and he didn’t clean it off until today (most of it) I’m really worried it’s a tumor or abscess or something. I have a vet appointment with him tomorrow but i’m just really overwhelmed because both my boys have been having so many health issues lately and vet visits are not cheap, and i don’t get paid until another 2 weeks and im genuinely worried i cannot afford any of this treatment. Does anyone have any guesses or suggestions? I attached an image of him i took today to show the stuff on his nose. I can’t tell if it’s porphyrin or blood. I also attached an image of him when it was freshly on his nose.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi. Isn't Matty a cute little chap.
I think even though money is tight for you, a vet visit is the best thing. Especially if his face is smelly, I'd be worried about necrotic tissue or infection (including a dental abscess.)
How did you get on in the end? Did he see the vet? I really hope it isn't anything too serious.
Love his little starfish hands. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Isn't Matty a cute little chap.
I think even though money is tight for you, a vet visit is the best thing. Especially if his face is smelly, I'd be worried about necrotic tissue or infection (including a dental abscess.)
How did you get on in the end? Did he see the vet? I really hope it isn't anything too serious.
Love his little starfish hands. :)
Thank you, he is my handsome guy. But i’m at the vet right now and it turned out he has a nasty ear infection and his left ear drum ruptured, and they’re giving me medications right now. I thought the smell was around his mouth but the more i investigated it was around his ears. Also, the vet thinks the blood was from his nose being dry and the current climate being really dry, and him sneezing and messing with his nose.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh, no wonder his head was smelly. Sounds like he will be on the mend soon. All the best to him from our rat family. 🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭

1 - 4 of 4 Posts