Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Poor rat. :(
At best maybe a weird, wire travel carrier, but a rat trap is more like it..

You'd have a fit if you saw the cage a pet store kept a full-grown rat in. It was a teeny hamster cage, probably meant for Dwarf hamsters, actually. I tried to be friendly to him and he tried to bite me. I can totally understand why though. I bet he knows humans were responsible for his living conditions, and was angry because of it. It's heartbreaking. I don't know what happened to him, but hopefully he was picked up by someone who offered him a bigger home and a reason to forgive people.

·
Registered
45 Posts
D= A 'humane' trap, but a trap none the less. It looks like it's only got wood chips lining it...I can't see any toys, can you? Poor ratty...

x( I want to comment and politely suggest that he get her a friend, but I'm worried if he did he'd make them share that cage...

Sami - The rat (singular ._.) at our local pet
shop is kept in similar conditions, with all the other small rodent cages piles up around him. They were kept behind Plexiglas, though, so I couldn't even say hello. On top of that they had a large rabbit in a cage about twice the size of the one they were keeping the rat in. It wouldn't have been able to even sit up on it's haunches.

...God I hate pet stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts