Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just wondering if cooked oatmeal is ok for rats? i was wondering because we have packets of fruit oatmeal in my cabinet thats kroger brand, it has 12 grams of sugar per packet i believe but i can double check later if. But would it be fine as a treat?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I give plain rolled oats as a treat, but I don't give the packet kind because it usually has stuff added to it. The plain oats are loved by my girls :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree... to many additives, in packaged stuff,,,plain oatmeal from a bulk store is best,,but it can still be high in sugar...

·
Registered
452 Posts
My rats love whole oatmeal oats (not whole grain, but the non-rolled oats that you can get at the supermarket) :) I sometimes use the oats as a base for my dry mix. I personally wouldnt give the fruit oats either, too sugary for them I think. If the fruits are in medium sized pieces you could try picking out the fruits and giving the rest of the plain oat to the rats. But sometimes pre-packaged oats can come pre-mixed with milk powder, which probably shouldnt be given too much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts