Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of our girls sooty passed yesterday morning, it was very sudden and she only showed signs of passing on her last day:( we have 5 girls left, 3 older and 2 slightly younger. since then 2 of our older girls have been attacking the other one. she has a mammory tumour and they all seemed to care for her well until sooty passed. since then they have been attacking her relentlessly and biting her, especially on her tumour. weve been keeping them separated most of the day but whenever we let them back out they go straight back to attack her and shes now very skittish. one of the girls attacking also bit me hard twice yesterday and has been nipping at me lightly today, neither of which shes ever done before? im not sure if theyre trying to establish a new heirarchy as the girl we just lost seemed to be high up or alpha. im just not sure how to protect her or why if its a heirarchy issue those two arent attacking each other rather than our poorly girl. any advice as separating isnt seeming to help

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well, I'm sorry it's been 4 days and you still haven't gotten replies. And I know you said that separating isn't helping, but you should separate the one with the tumor who is getting attacked the most and keep her separated in a separate cage. Maybe get her a new cage mate. As for the one who's bitten you twice try spending more time with her and giving her treats. It may take a bit but she'll stop biting you. At least that's what happened with my aggressive rat. I would sit with her and hand her little slices of apple and she began to gently take the food instead of attacking me. She now lets me pick her up. And since it's been 4 days, what's your update on their condition?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts